The Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the largest national lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer civil rights organization in the country has announced that sixteen New Jersey healthcare facilities have been recognized by HRC as Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality in the HEI 2018 report. Criteria evaluated for the recognition included non-discrimination and staff training, patient services and support, employee benefits and policies, patient and community engagement.
Access to comprehensive and welcoming healthcare for LGBTQ seniors is an integral component of the Green Hill LGBT Senior Housing and Care initiative for New Jersey. In collaboration with Garden State Equality, Green Hill has released the LGBT Senior Housing and Care Needs Assessment Survey and will host the 1st LGBT Senior Housing and Care Expo on June 9th in West Orange. For more information visit www.green-hill.com.
Green Hill Senior Living congratulate these leaders in LGBTQ healthcare in New Jersey.
- Overlook Medical Center, Summit;
- Valley Hospital, Ridgewood;
- Chilton Medical Center, Pompton Pains;
- Newton Medical Center, Newton;
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark;
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick and Somerset;
- Morristown Medical Center, Morristown;
- Goryeb Children’s Hospital, Morristown;
- Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch;
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston;
- Jersey City Medical Center, Jersey City;
- Hackettstown Regional Medical Center, Hackettstown;
- Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack;
- VA New Jersey Health Care System, East Orange;
- Clara Maass Medical Center, Belleville;
- AtlanticCare Regional Medical Center, Atlantic City.